Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The One Review to Rule Them All

When it was official that I was self published, my mom took it upon herself to tell everyone we know, and everyone we're related to. My grandma was one of the first 8 people to actually buy my short story. Grandma downloaded it onto her Kindle and read it. Then, a few days later, Mom asked Grandma what she thought of the story. Grandma replied with, "It was good but..."

"But...?"
"I don't know how to say this, but....it kind of made me sick."

My story wanted to make my Grandma throw up. When my mom told me this I whooped with excitement. Something like that is huge. It sounds odd, but this was a huge compliment.

At this point I am going to ask any of you who are reading this post to please leave a review (either here or on Amazon, it doesn't matter) if you do indeed download A Weekend with Friends (free until the 20th). I love hearing honest feedback. I want to know what you think about my work even if you personally didn't like it.

Thank you in advance. :)

2 comments:

  1. A Weekend with Friends is definitely gory!! I enjoyed the morbid humor as well! Give me some more psychological thrills though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are you more of a psychological thriller type of person? What's your favorite type of horror?

      Delete