Saturday, October 20, 2012

Star Date: October 20th

Today is the final day that my short story, A Weekend with Friends, will be free on amazon.com. I will admit, I am a little sad that people will now have to pay 99 cents to read this snippet of pulp fiction, but hey, over 200 and a half people (in the US) got to read it for free.
I'm beginning to wonder what those 260+ people thought about A Weekend with Friends and if they'll tell their friends about it. I wonder where in the US people are reading my work. I wonder how many times it will be read by the people who downloaded it. I wonder what age group I managed to target...
My own personal aspiration as a writer is to have someone...just one person (who isn't related to me) enjoy my prose, and even maybe hold it in high regards. When I've done that, I will have done my job.

End Transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment