Saturday, October 20, 2012

Scraping the Bone Review (part 3 of 10)

Jacob's Gift

"Jacob's Gift" was a maze of incredible twists that led up to an eerie ending. I'd give this a 4 out of 5 stars because I wanted to know why certain characters were so loathsome (I won't say whom because I don't want to ruin it for you. Seriously, you need to go on to Amazon and download Scraping the Bone).

Malmborg's writing style and ability to create loathsome characters is amazing. "[...] tears that smeared her black mascara.  She had only worn it so it would smear and that way make her sadness even more pronounced."

Go forth now...I know I know, I've only read three of these stories and I'm already shamelessly plugging the product and drooling over the writing style...one might even think that I'll just praise anything that's been typed. But seriously, read it. If you like horror (unlike my own previously published prose, Malmborg isn't too terribly gory) you'll enjoy his work.

Malmborg, William (2011-12-20). Scraping the Bone: Ten Dark Tales (Kindle Locations 296-297).  . Kindle Edition.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! BUT your story gory or not is excellent too! I will have to check this author out!

    ReplyDelete