Sunday, October 14, 2012

Inspired part One: A Little Bit of Background

So, I realized that as a writer I should probably explore what I write, and why. When I was younger I was obsessed with the world of Harry Potter. J.K.'s characters are so vivid, and the plot line so engaging that it was hard for me not to look up to her as a writer. Admittedly, Rowling really solidified the definition of "good writing" for me. If asked, "Emily, what inspires you?" I would prattle off an entire list of jumbled thoughts. Let me begin by saying that a lot of my work comes out of my dreams. When I was younger I wrote a very thoughtless novel about a vampire that was all based on one dream I had. (These imaginings have gotten a bit more precise since then.) Other sources of inspiration for me come from being out in nautre. I get a lot of good ideas when I'm out walking. (If you yourself happen to be a writer I highly suggest walking somewhere beautiful, like a park, or a nature trail, when you have writer's block).
Keep your eyes open for "Inspired Part Two".

No comments:

Post a Comment