Friday, October 19, 2012

Scraping the Bone Review (part 1 of 10)

Redstone Lake

Scraping the Bone is a collection of short stories written by William Malmborg. I decided to review each story one by one on my blog because I'd love it if someone did the same for me.

I would give "Redstone Lake" 5 out of 5 stars because it was engaging and left off on a strong note. It wasn't technically a cliffhanger but it doesn't close out too abruptly. Technically there is more left to the story, however there is a definite end that doesn't leave you thinking "what the hell just happened?"

There is one particular line that stood out for me. (If you decide to download Scraping the Bone it's a few pages into "Redstone Lake") and I have to give Malmborg kudos for this brilliant yet brief description, "The place reeked of smoke and noise, [...]" ....Yeah. I definitely recommend you download this collection of short stories....and I'm only one story in.



Malmborg, William (2011-12-20). Scraping the Bone: Ten Dark Tales (Kindle Location 124).  . Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment