Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Scraping the Bone Review (part 6 of 10)

Sunburn

Here is another Malmborg work that leaves me at a loss of what to say. Should I mention how the story toyed with my emotions and made me try to empathize with a desperate man? Or should I note that the graphic descriptions made me want to turn away, and even pause from reading? No matter what I say, or how I say it, one thing is for sure: "Sunburn" is not like the previously reviewed stories. This one is incredibly graphic and I do not reccomend reading it if you have a weak stomach.

Yet despite it's vivid descriptions, "Sunburn" also makes you feel for the characters....makes you almost understand the desperation and the thought processes.

It definitely deserves a 5 out of 5.

With "Sunburn" I was able to find a small line to share with you, it's a tad graphic, but I love the picture it leaves in the mind. This quote makes it all too apparent how word choice is everything, "her head screaming in agony and throat raw from the eruptions of vomit, [...]"

In order to read "Sunburn" as well as all the other amazing tales crafted by Malmborg, you're going to have to download Scraping the Bone. (Do it! You know you want to!)


Malmborg, William (2011-12-20). Scraping the Bone: Ten Dark Tales (Kindle Location 677).  . Kindle Edition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment