Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Star Date: December 31, 2013 Understanding a Modern Day Adaams

Growing up I loved Morticia Adaams. She was sexy, confident, madly in love with her husband, a witch, and incredibly strange. In high school I assumed that being like this fictional character meant dressing in black and being "misunderstood". I've been a "grown up" now for about 14 or 15 months now and at one point worried that the hippie I've become is not the girl who wanted to be an Adaams growing up. Once I started eating differently (try eating healthy while selling deep fried gas station food, it gets you some pretty interesting looks), not wearing make-up and being indifferent about commercially important holidays I realized that my soulmate and I truly do embody the Adaams family spirit. We believe that food is medicine. I put honey on all my cuts and burns and if I suspect something fungal or bacterial I'll slap a hunk of coconut oil on the infection, rub it in until the oil melts and go on my merry way.

The reason why I have made this change in my life has a lot to do with a friend of mine who has had an incredible experience healing herself with food (more on that later...like next year) and a Doctor named Natasha Campbell-McBride who discusses GAPS and confidently states that most disorders are related to the foods we eat. 

If you have a couple hours to spare (or an hour and then another hour some other day) please watch these videos. I find that they are very important and if nothing else it will help you (although I highly doubt anybody cares too much) understand why I live the way I do, I prepare everything at home from yeast for bread and soda to hummus to pizza sticks and it all stemmed from what this woman had to say.

End Transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment