Sunday, February 16, 2014

Too Late to Hate, Live in the now

When I finally managed to put this book out, my father mentioned how proud he was of me and how impressed he was with the amount of work I put into promoting it (the book trailers, asking friends to share them on the FB, and posting about it on reddit). He mentioned that he thought my ex stifled a lot of my creativity, and this comment really bothered me. Not because of any residual affection towards that person, but because it's in the past. Through my experiences as an "adult" I have learned that all that matters is this moment, it doesn't matter what happened before and it doesn't matter what's going to happen in the next moment. It takes a while to understand this thought process, but once you can find the inner peace, you realize that everything that anyone has ever done to try and break you isn't what matters. What matters is that you bend instead of break. 

My father said this because I am extremely wary about youtube, and putting my face on the internet. I find it extremely funny that I used to want to be a model because I can hardly stand to have my picture taken anymore. It wasn't because of being free from my abusive relationship that led me to try and market And This Too, I want my book to do well because I think it's a decent piece of literature and I feel very deeply about it.

Love and Light
End Transmission.

2 comments:

  1. Abusive relationships put a person in survival mode rather that a mode that thrives. I think your father may have been talking about this. Your "be here now" philosophy is beautiful and mature for such a young woman.

    Thrive on Enchanted Butterfly! It's your time to soar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new book, "And This Too: A Modern Fable" shows growth in your healing from the abusiveness of a past relationship. I felt the voice of the main character reflected a change from fear to hope not only with apocalyptic event but also with her emotional status concerning relationships. I look forward to more from you!

    ReplyDelete