Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ever Cyberstalk Yourself?

I Google searched my novel And This Too A Modern Fable and found some reviews on my short story A Weekend with Friends. Being who I am, this made me excited because they're good and honest reviews and can be found on GoodReads, but I have to repost them here because I'm so happy.

Grampy
This short story is a bit predictable, but it’s not at all a bad story. Madeline has a bit of car trouble on her way to a party with some of her friends. Without too much inconvenience she manages to get home, where the partiers are already waiting for her to arrive. But this is not quite the party her newer friends expected. Only her oldest friends know what’s in store.

If nothing else, this story will help you make up your mind, if you ever find yourself wondering whether or not to be friends with the local neighborhood psychopath. There is a good bit of violence, blood and gore in this story, which is to be expected from a horror story. Although I doubt “A Weekend with Friends” will give anybody nightmares, it probably isn’t for readers with weak stomachs, as the author points out right up front. For everybody else: check it out.


Kaila
wow.. So this was a messed up story but i liked it. Very short quick read. Not for those that get squeamish easy. Very unexpected the entire book especially the end. The writer is very good at details and making you feel like you are seeing it happen.  
 
Thank you for the positive feedback on what I consider to be a half decent and immature piece! :D
 
Love and Light 

No comments:

Post a Comment